In Summer 2010, Team 254 decided to build a T-Shirt Shooting Robot to be used for promotional events. After two months of hard work, our robot debuted at a spirit rally at our school, Bellarmine College Prep in San Jose. The robot was received very well and was loved by the students at the rally.
Team 254 plans to use its T-Shirt Cannon Robot to promote the team and its sponsors. We will be bringing the cannon to team and school events as well as sponsor events.
Detailed information about the design and build process as well as the cannon’s technical specifications can be found below.
- Ten Barrel Revolver/Gatling Action
- Automatic Barrel Indexing
- Motorized Adjustable Pitch – Horizontal to +60 degrees
- Adjustable Range Control Via Electronic Solenoid Valve
- Six-Wheel Drive, Off-Road Capable Chassis
- Wireless Control
- Capable of launching 3+ T-Shirts per second
- Also Capable of launching racquetballs or hacky sacks
- Name Shockwave
- Speed 3 Shirts per Second
- Range 150+ Yards (Adjustable)
- Capacity 200+ Shots per Tank
- Drive Speed 12+ Feet per Second
Team 254 is willing and able to bring our T-Shirt cannon to many events, including but not limited to sporting events, spirit rallies & community events.
The T-Shirt Cannon can be branded to meet the promotional requirements of any sponsor.
To Request to have the T-Shirt Cannon appear at your event, please contact our PR Director, Griffin Soule at [email protected].
- Dimensions: 28″ Wide, 38″ Long, 18″ Tall
- Weight: 160 Pounds
- Top Speed: 12+ Feet Per Second
- Capacity: 200+ Shots per Tank
- Projectile Range: 150+ Yards
- Qty 10 – 2.5″ OD, 2.375″ ID Barrels x 24″ Long
- Globe Motor Barrel Revolver Mechanism
- Van Door Motor Pitch Adjustment
- Pneumatic Cylinder Indexing/Lock
- Gas Spring Assisted Pitch
- High Pressure SCUBA Tank Reservoir at ~3300 psi
- Low Pressure Regulated SCUBA Tank Accumulator at ~120 psi
- 1″ NPT MAC Solenoid Valve at ~16 cV Flow Capacity with 23 ms Response Time
- Norgren Low Pressure Regulator for Cylinder Indexing
- H2Oddysey Tank Mounted SCUBA Regulator
- Power Source: 12 Volt, 17 AH SLA MK Motorcycle Battery
- Controller: VEX PIC Micro-controller with VEXNet
- Wireless Protocol: 802.11 g Wi-Fi @ 2.4 ghz
- VEX Pro Victor Speed Controllers
- VEX Pro Spike Relay Modules
- 12 Volt MAC Solenoid Valve for T-Shirt Launching
- 12 Volt Rexroth Solenoid Valve for Cylinder Indexing